Apprenticeships with Amey
The Amey Apprenticeship programme offers a wide variety of roles at locations all across the UK. Amey Apprenticeship roles are available in several different Engineering disciplines, as well as Business, Commercial, Construction and many more. The company also offers Intermediate, Advanced and Higher/Degree level Apprenticeships.
You might not have heard of Amey, but each day, practically everyone in the UK benefits from a service the company provides. If you’ve had a hot shower, taken a train, driven to work or had your rubbish collected, it’s quite likely that Amey helped with this.
By keeping these services running smoothly – the ones that really matter – Amey’s team of 19,000 is helping to create better places to live, work and travel. Amey prides itself on delivering great services, backed by cutting-edge data and technology. The company is also a great place to work, and it regularly features on the Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers list.
In fact, in 2016, Amey was named one of the Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers for the third year running. The list, which is compiled annually by the National Apprenticeship Service and City and Guilds, recognises excellence in businesses that employ apprentices as well as organisations that ensure their apprentices become successful and inspirational role models.
Amey has committed to hiring over 1,000 apprentices by 2020 on contracts ranging from highways maintenance, business administration and arboriculture, to design, transport planning, logistics and IT. Between 2010 and 2017, Amey hired more than 650 Apprentices in a variety of roles across the business.
Amey has a turnover of £2.2bn and the company employs 19,000 people internationally. The primary activities are based in the UK, but the company also has businesses in Australia and America.
Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award (DofE)
As an apprentice, you’ll have the chance to work towards the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award (DofE). The DofE Award is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with potentially life-changing opportunities and the company encourages you to accept this challenge.
The DofE Gold Award has five modules that will test you, improve your fitness and teach you new skills. It will also help you develop skills and experiences that you can use in the workplace, such as, communication, team working, leadership, confidence, planning, problem solving and time management. In addition, you will have the chance to give back to your community. The company will support you the whole way. Amey Apprentices say that achieving the Award has increased their confidence and changed their life.
In addition to the Amey Apprenticeship roles summarised here, the company also offers a range of Graduate Jobs throughout the UK:
To learn more about other Civil Engineering Apprenticeships, read our blog:
Civil Engineering Apprenticeships.
Roles Available with Amey
The Amey Apprenticeship programme offers a variety of roles at Intermediate, Advanced and Higher/Degree levels.
- Trade Apprenticeships: Arboriculture/Horticulture, Construction, Electrical Installation, Highways Maintenance, Street Cleaning, and Smart Metering.
- Technical Apprenticeships: Electrical Engineering, Power Transmission and Distribution.
- Commercial Apprenticeships: Accounting, Business Administration, Customer Service, Finance, and IT.
- Trade Apprenticeships: Arboriculture/Horticulture, Electrical Installation, Engineering Maintenance, Joinery, and Plumbing and Heating.
- Technical Apprenticeships: Civil Engineering, Construction, Electrical Engineering, and Rail Design.
- Commercial Apprenticeships: Accountancy, Business Administration, and Finance.
- Technical Apprenticeships: Civil and Construction Engineering, Environmental and Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Rail Design.
- Commercial Apprenticeships: Business Administration, and Finance.
Education Requirements for Amey
The Education Requirements for Amey Apprenticeship roles depend on the specific vacancy for which you are applying.
- 2 GCSEs grades A*-C in English and Maths.
- 4 GCSEs grades A*-C including English, Maths, and Science.
- 3 A-Levels at grades A*-C.
When can I apply for an apprenticeship at Amey?
There is no fixed deadline for applications to the Amey Apprenticeship programme. The company publishes roles on the Amey Apprenticeship website for as long as required to fill the vacancy. Advice from the company is for interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
To find examples of Amey projects in your region, click here.