Apprenticeships with Arup
There are a wide range of Arup Apprenticeship roles across the business, at locations all across the UK.
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today’s built environment. Working alongside their clients, Arup helps solve the most complex engineering and infrastructure challenges.
Arup made its name in the twentieth century as the designer and engineer behind some of the world’s most ambitious structures. By 1976, Arup’s reputation had become truly global with the completion of the Sydney Opera House.
The firm’s portfolio of products and services today is even more wide-ranging. Many of the world’s most iconic sports stadia are Arup projects – such as Beijing’s Water Cube, the Singapore Sports Hub and London Aquatics Centre. In addition, Arup is trusted to develop vital new infrastructure, like the Second Avenue Subway or the Queensferry Bridge Crossing.
That creative strength and independence of mind continues to guide the company even today.
Arup is unique because the company is owned in trust for the benefit of its employees. The company does not have to answer to external stakeholders. Arup reinvests 60% of the company’s profits back into the company, in the form of research, training, sports and social activities. The remaining 40% is shared between employees in a profit share scheme. And that’s it – none goes on anything else. People trump profits.
The Arup Apprenticeship gives you an unrivalled opportunity to put your skills to the test and your imagination to work on inspiring, high-profile projects. As an Arup Apprentice, you will study for an academic qualification while working and learning alongside respected, technical professionals.
As an apprentice, you will also study at a local college on day release, working towards an accredited qualification and combine this experience with workplace learning. Some apprenticeships, for example in HR or finance, take place entirely within the workplace.
Whichever your chosen apprenticeship, a mentor will guide you through your professional and personal development. You will also have regular contact with an Arup learning and development advisor.
In addition to the Arup Apprenticeship roles summarised here, the company also offers a range of Graduate Jobs:
To find out more about Civil Engineering apprenticeships, read our blog:
Civil Engineering Apprenticeships
Roles Available with Arup
There are a range of Arup Apprenticeship roles available at several locations across the UK, including the following:
- Civil Engineering
- Building Services
- Structural Engineering
- Rail Design
- Business and Admin
- Project Management
- Transport Planning
- Digital Consulting
- Quantity Surveying
- Environmental Consulting
Locations include Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Bristol, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Sheffield, Solihull, Winchester and York.
Education Requirements for Arup
To apply for an Arup Apprenticeship, candidates must be able to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- 5 GCSEs, A* to C grade, including a minimum grade B in Mathematics.
When can I apply for an apprenticeship at Arup?
The Arup Apprenticeship programme is open for applications from mid-February when roles are advertised on the company’s website.
Closing dates are usually in early April, but candidates should refer to the company’s website for closing dates for specific roles of interest.