Apprenticeships with Halfords
The Halfords Apprenticeship programme provides opportunities for exciting careers at all their Retail and Autocentre locations. The well-known brand is a leading retailer of automotive and cycling products. It also has one of the largest car servicing networks, with locations in most towns and cities in the UK.
Facts about Halfords Retail and Halfords Autocentres:
- The UK’s leading retailer of automotive and cycling products.
- More than 10,000 people work in in 460+ Retail locations and 300+ Autocentres.
- 90% of the UK is never more than 20 minutes away from a Halfords store or Autocentre.
- Halfords also retails 1 million+ bicycles every year.
- Finally, Halfords is a Sunday Times ‘Top 30 Companies to Work For’ company.
In addition, Halfords also offer career progression into other areas of the business, including:
- Logistics and Distribution: In Coventry and Redditch, a 350-strong team makes sure Halfords products reach customers on time and in perfect condition.
- Support Centre – In Redditch, Worcestershire, supporting all of Halfords store operations nationally.
- Cycle Republic – High end, cycle only concept stores based in city centre locations.
Halfords Apprenticeships: Retail
A Halfords Apprenticeship offers hands-on experience, a salary, the opportunity to gain qualifications whilst you work and a fantastic career path. While supported and encouraged by your manager, an Apprenticeship Coach and colleagues, you’ll undertake:
- A 12 month Halfords Apprenticeship – Gears 1 and Gears 2 training programme e-learning and face to face training modules.
- Training in how to give the best ‘friendly expertise’ to each and every customer
- A Level 2 qualification in Retail
With the Halfords Apprenticeship Team supporting and guiding you throughout, you’ll immediately begin the Halfords in-house Gears training programme which is mapped to a Retail Level 2 qualification. Depending on the hours you work, you could complete this in 12 months. Your Halfords Apprenticeship covers skills, knowledge, employer rights and responsibilities, personal learning and thinking skills, and functional skills (unless you already have good Maths and English qualifications).
Halfords Apprenticeship: Vehicle Technician
If you are fascinated by technology, have an inquiring mind and an interest in cars, you could apply for a Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship. These practical, highly skilled roles ensure Halfords deliver dealership quality work on any make or model of car.
Across both the Halfords Apprenticeship and Advanced Apprenticeship, you’ll get 22 weeks of residential “off the job” training at Halfords’ apprentice provider’s state of the art Automotive Training Centre in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, which takes place over 3 ½ years in two week residential training blocks.
In addition, Halfords also offer a range of Graduate Jobs at their Support Centre and Retail Centres:
Roles Available with Halfords
Halfords offers two different Apprenticeships at their Retail or Autocentre locations all across the UK:
- Retail Apprenticeship – 12 months
- Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship – 3.5 years
Education Requirements for Halfords
To apply for a Halfords Apprenticeship with the company’s Retail or Autocentres, candidates should refer to the Careers website for further details relating to specific qualifications required.
When can I apply for an apprenticeship at Halfords?
As Halfords have 460 Retail Stores and 300+ Autocentres across the country, candidates interested in a Halfords Apprenticeshop should refer to the Careers website for details of the latest vacancies available.
To search for a Halfords Store near you, click here.