Apprenticeships with Kia
The Kia Apprenticeship programme represents an ideal opportunity for young people interested in a career in Aftersales. Various Apprenticeship roles are available across the UK with a franchised Kia dealership.
As a global company, Kia Motors produces in excess of 2 million cars a year. These include an ever-expanding range of passenger cars, commercial vehicles and buses. Kia has a network of dealers in 172 countries and over 44,000 employees across the globe. Kia is also at the forefront of new powertrain technology, with a wide range of Petrol Electric Hybrid Vehicles. The brand continues to grow market share in the UK, with sales increasing each year. The company also recently launched the award-winning Stinger which showcases a new design language for the Korean brand.
The Kia Apprenticeship Programme provides the highest level of skills and practical ability within the automotive industry. The Kia Academy Training Centre in Nottingham delivers all the Kia Apprenticeship training via a block-release programme.
This provides Kia Apprentices with the most up to date manufacturer specific knowledge. It also ensures the Apprentices have the knowledge and skills which can be put into direct action in the dealership. This ensures that Kia supplies its dealer partners with the next generation of highly skilled employees and potential managers of the future.
All training is specifically designed and implemented in line with the IMI standards and assessment criteria. In addition, the Kia Apprenticeship training includes specific training on the Kia ethos, key product knowledge, branding and equipment. Graduates from the Kia Apprenticeship Programme are eligible to continue their career progression with a Higher Apprenticeship.
In 2016, Kia Motors UK announced that it would be the title sponsor for England Women’s Cricket Super League.
Roles Available with Kia
The Kia Apprenticeship programme includes 4 distinct roles which are available in partnership with the official Kia dealershipm, including:
- Light Vehicle Technician (3 years): you will be responsible for carrying out service and repair on light vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes.
- Service Advisor (2 years): you will have direct contact with customers, initially booking them in for work to their vehicles and then informing them of any additional repairs required.
- Parts Advisor (2 years): you will be responsible for ordering, selling and managing stock control on vehicle parts.
- Combined Service and Parts Advisor (3 years): you will have direct contact with customers, initially booking them in for work to their vehicles and then informing them of any additional repairs required.
Education Requirements for Kia
To apply for a Kia Apprenticeship with a Kia dealership, you will need to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- 5 GCSEs including Maths, English, a Science and ICT
When can I apply for an apprenticeship at Kia?
Please see the careers page of the Kia website for details of when to apply for a Kia Apprenticeship. However, you should expect applications to open in March, during National Apprenticeship Week, with candidates starting roles in the dealership network in August or September.
To find a Kia dealership near you, click here.