Apprenticeships with Peugeot
The Peugeot Apprenticeship programme offers a variety of Apprentice roles in partnership with the brand’s Retailer Network across the UK. An Apprenticeship with the French manufacturer is an exciting opportunity that also comes with high expectations and responsibility. This is because Peugeot has an unrivalled track-record of innovation and success in various forms of motorsport.
Peugeot started manufacturing bicycles in the late 1800s, and gradually moved into manufacturing motorbikes and cars in the early 1900s. The company still manufacturers both bicycles and scooters, as well as a broad range of cars and commercial vehicles.
Peugeot has competed and succeeded at the highest level in a diverse number of motorsport series, including:
- 1963-1968: The Peugeot 404 won 1st place overall five times. It also won four other firsts in its category, in the East African Safari Rally.
- 1965-1978: Peugeot won the Bandama Rally and the Moroccan Rally twice (1975 and 1976) with the Peugeot 504. It also won the Safari Rally and Rallye Côte d’Ivoire in 1978.
- 1985-1988: One of the iconic legends of the brand, the 205 Turbo 16 dominated World Rally Group B during the mid-1980s with a string of rally wins, as well as Constructor and Driver World Championships. The Peugeot 205 T16 also won the Paris-Dakar twice in 1987 & 1988.
- 1989-1990: Ari Vatinan won the Paris-Dakar two years runnings in the Peugoet 405 T16, as well as two victories and new records at Pike Peak, USA.
- 1991-1993: In World Endurance Racing, the Peugeot 905 earned three victories in 1990 and five in 1992, including the Le Mans 24 Hours and World Championship. 1993 was also a very special year for the brand, with all 3 podium places at the Le Mans 24hr taken by the Peugeot 905.
- 2011: The Peugeot 908 won the Le Mans Series.
- 2013: 9-times WRC Champion, Sébastien Loeb shattered the Pikes Peak record with a time of 8:13.878 in the 208 T16 Pikes Peak car.
- 2015: Peugeot achieved a 1-2 finish in the Peugeot 2008 DKR in the China Silk Road Rally.
- 2015: Team Hansen-Peugeot become the FIA World RX team champions with the impressive Peugeot 208 WRX.
- 2016: Peugeot won the Dakar Rally in 2016, as well as the Silk Way Rally between Moscow and Beijing.
- 2017: Peugeot locked out the podium of the Dakar rally with the 3008 DKR which took 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions.
In addition to the Peugeot Apprenticeship roles summarised here, the brand also offers a range of Graduate Jobs with the UK Head Office:
Roles Available with Peugeot
There are a number of Peugeot Apprenticeship roles available with the French manufacturer through their official Retailer network, including:
- Service Technician
- Service Customer Advisor
- Parts Customer Advisor
- Business Administrator
These Peugeot Apprenticeship programmes are for either 2 or 3 years, depending on the specific role. Typically, a Service Technician Apprenticeship lasts 3 years due to the additional technical training required, whereas the other roles are usually 2 year programmes.
Education Requirements for Peugeot
To apply for a Peugeot Apprenticeship at one of their Retail Dealerships, you will need to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- 3 GCSEs at Grades A-C, in Maths and English
When can I apply for an apprenticeship at Peugeot?
Peugeot accept applications for the Peugeot Apprenticeship programme with their Retailer Network all year round.
The Peugeot Apprenticeship recruitment process typically takes place in the first half of the year, with candidates being placed with a local dealership in August or September.
To find a Peugeot dealership near you, click here.