Barnet and Southgate College
Barnet and Southgate College is a dynamic and exciting place to study a wide range of automotive-related subjects. Studying Engineering, Motor Vehicle Maintenance or Motorsport at Barnet and Southgate College will provide you with the best training available. You will also have access to work experience and placements with local employers in the industry. This will give you the right experience to help secure the job you want after completing the course.
Barnet and Southgate College partnered with several automotive companies and manufacturers when it designed the curriculum. This ensures that the college curriculum meets the needs of your future employers. It also means you will have the right skills that employers are looking for when you complete your studies.
Reasons to Study at Barnet and Southgate College:
- The only College in London with its own motor racing team. Barnet and Southgate College is the only College in London to boast its own motor racing team, BSC Racing. The team competes in a mainstream Championship with its own Mazda MX5 racing car, which BSC’s Motorsport students converted and tuned to racing specification. The course is also overeseen by a panel of motor racing industry experts. It has already been successful in creating many employment and further training opportunities in the motor racing industry for BSC students.
- Dedicated body and paint workshop facility at Baird Road in Enfield. This is a bespoke training environment with dedicated spray booths, paint-mixing room, as well as gun wash facilities. Students will learn a complete range of skills that are required in the Body Repair industry.
- Environment and low-carbon emissions technology. Barnet and Southgate College courses also take account of the latest developments in low-carbon emissions technologies. Therefore, the College is perfectly aligned to support the UK automotive industry as it pushes to be a leader in Zero Emissions technology.
- Industry visits and trips. Whilst on your motor vehicle training course with the College, you will also get the chance to engage directly with motor vehicle employers and industry experts. The college arranges regular employability sessions with local employers, as well as external visits to a wide range of motor industry employers.
Subjects Available at Barnet and Southgate College
The range of automotive and motorsport related courses offered by Barnet and Southgate College cover four main areas:
- Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Motorsport Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Vehicle Technology (Motorsport)
Barnet and Southgate College also offer Apprenticeships in the following areas:
- Vehicle paint, bodywork and MET (mechanical electrical trim)
- Refrigerant handling
- Maintaining electrically-propelled vehicles
- Historic Vehicle Restoration
- Classic Car Restoration
Qualifications Offered by Barnet and Southgate College
The qualifications offered by Barnet and Southgate College at various levels across their automotive courses and Apprenticeship programmes include:
- Access to Higher Education Diploma
- BTEC Diplomas
- IMI Diplomas
Please refer to the Barnet and Southgate College website for full details of qualifications offered, as these vary by course subject.
Industrial Placements with Barnet and Southgate College
Several companies are partnered with Barnet and Southgate College for student placements, as well as work experience.
Please contact Barnet and Southgate College website for further details of student placements and work experience offered, as these can vary by course subject.