Graduate Jobs with DB Cargo
There are a range of DB Cargo Graduate Jobs available with DB Cargo, the UK’s largest rail freight services provider.
DB Cargo UK is part of Deutsche Bahn AG, a worldwide mobility and logistics corporation. The company operates trains across the UK transporting everything from cereals to coal, barbecues to biomass, as well as petroleum to steel. It also manages freight services to and from mainland Europe via the Channel Tunnel.
In addition, DB Cargo operates passenger charter trains throughout the UK. It can also provide traction and train crew for scheduled passenger operators.
DB Cargo offers customers a complete one-stop solution for rail freight transportation. The company provides a full range of logistics, supply chain and associated services, including door-to-door deliveries, warehousing and terminal-management. This means customers can choose a single supplier to transport freight from ports and terminals to destinations throughout the UK, on time and with minimal environmental impact.
DB Cargo also manages the UK’s largest locomotive and wagon fleet. This gives the company the resources and capacity required to move bulk products throughout the UK and into Europe quickly, efficiently and on time.
DB Cargo’s core services include:
- Trainload: to move bulk quantities of goods, allowing clients to book entire trains for exclusive use.
- Wagonloads: DB Cargo is the only operator of wagonload services in the UK, enabling customers to book as many wagons as they need on multi-user trains.
- Intermodal: Regular, efficient multi-user and trainload intermodal services transport containerised goods from ports and terminals UK-wide to the required destination on time.
- International: Frequent, reliable intermodal and trainload rail freight services via the Channel Tunnel, transporting goods door-to-door right across Europe.
- Terminal operations: Intermodal and logistics terminal-management expertise and advanced technology to provide value-added rail freight solutions.
In addition, DB Cargo also offer the following services:
- Anubis: The most advanced order-management system on the market, improving customer service and delivering the most efficient, reliable and traceable rail freight services.
- Passenger resource services: DB Cargo can provide drivers, locomotives, coaches and support teams for passenger rail services. The company also operate the Orient Express and the Royal Train.
- Rail industry services: DB Cargo offers a range of services to support infrastructure maintenance and renewals, rail projects and specialist services for Network Rail.
EuroTRAIL International Graduate Programme
DB Cargo’s EuroTRAIL International Graduate Programme offers exciting opportunities for exceptional candidates to join the company’s expanding international workforce.
During the 18-month DB Cargo Graduate Jobs training programme, candidates work in many different departments to gain a wide perspective of the business. This will include two international assignments, where candidates take on responsibility for specific projects overseen by an experienced mentor.
In addition, a variety of training programmes prepare each candidate for a challenging professional start in transportation and logistics. Following the DB Cargo Graduate Jobs traineeship, each successful candidate is guaranteed a position working within DB Cargo Europe.
In addition to the DB Cargo Graduate Jobs summarised here, the company also offers a range of Apprenticeships with DB Cargo, and Graduate Jobs with Arriva:
Roles Available with DB Cargo
There are a range of DB Cargo Graduate Jobs available in a variety of roles across the business, including:
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Human Resource Management
Education Requirements for DB Cargo
The Education Requirements for DB Cargo Graduate Jobs are can depende on the specific role for which you are applying. However, all candidates must have one or more of the following qualifications to at least a good Bachelor degree level and preferably to Masters level:
- Engineering field
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Human Resource Management related subjects
In addition, candidates interested in DB Cargo Graduate Jobs via the EuroTrail Graduate Programme should also have the following:
- Some work experience, preferably in logistics
- Native English speakers also need to be proficient in a second European language, preferably French, Spanish, German or Polish to at least GCSE (A*-C), baccalaureate level or equivalent. Applications for France and Spain need to have excellent command of both the country language and English.
When can I apply for a Graduate Job at DB Cargo
The DB Cargo Graduate Jobs programme advertises vacancies for the EuroTRAIL International Graduate Programme in January, with a start date of November each year.
Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be required to undergo a telephone interview and online assessments. These are followed by an interview with the Appointing Manager and an HR Business Partner, as well as attendance at the European Assessment Centre.