Graduate Jobs with National Express
There are a range of National Express Graduate Jobs available across the business and at several UK locations. The National Express Graduate Jobs programme runs for up to 18 months and spans across all parts of the organisation.
The programme provide graduates with an extended insight into the National Express business. Graduates will experience life in head office, the customer contact centre, Coach Stations, garages and depots.
A unique and very exciting part of the National Express Graduate Jobs scheme is that, while your initial training will be based in the UK, you will also be part of a global graduate network with the opportunity to work in one of the company’s international business units. In addition, you will have the opportunity to obtain further qualifications, such as an MBA from a prestigious world-class university. You will also be part of a long standing relationship with Transaid, offering graduates the opportunity of supporting projects in Africa.
National Express Group is a leading transport provider delivering services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Every year more than 845 million journeys are made on National Express buses, trains, light rail services and coaches.
In the UK, National Express operates a number of local bus services across the West Midlands and Coventry. It also provides local bus services further afield in Dundee. National Express Group also operates the Midland Metro light rail service between Birmingham and Wolverhampton.
National Express is perhaps most well-known, however, for its fleet of coaches which connect towns and cities all across the UK. The company is the largest operator of scheduled coach services in the UK. It operates high frequency coach services linking over 900 destinations across the country. The company has 5,500 employees, operates a fleet of 1,600 vehicles and serves over 1 million passengers every day.
The Kings Ferry is also part of the UK Coach business and is a long established provider of commuter coach travel services in London and the south of England.
- Over 550 National Express coaches run on Britain’s roads everyday.
- Around 19 million passenger journeys are made on National Express coaches every year.
- National Express serves over 900 destinations across the UK, including towns, cities and major airports.
- National Express operate coach services to all major UK airports 24 hours per day.
- A 24 hour control centre receives a GPS signal from coaches every 30 seconds to update on location, speed and the temperature inside the coach.
- National Express coach is en route to being 100% wheelchair accessible – years ahead of the legal requirement.
Roles Available with National Express
The National Express Graduate Jobs scheme follows a rotational programme that gives you the experience of the following key business areas:
- Operational Management and Leadership
- Marketing and Commercial Strategy
- Human Resources
- Training and Development
- Engineering and Technical Support
- Network Planning
- Health and Safety
- Finance, Purchasing, and Payroll
- Revenue Management and Customer Service
Education Requirements for National Express
The Education Requirements for the National Express Graduate Jobs scheme can vary depending on the specific role for which you are applying. As a general rule, candidates should have the following:
- 2.1 degree in any subject, as well as 3 A Levels at grades A-C and 5 GCSEs at A-C grades, including Maths and English.
The National Express Graduate Jobs scheme welcomes applications from graduates who can demonstrate intellect combined with a passion for the transport industry. In addition, candidates should have an understanding of the business as well as wider society, and an ability to interact at all levels.
Furthermore, you will need a strong commercial focus, excellent communication skills and a flexible, enthusiastic and down-to-earth approach. The ability to speak more than one language is desirable, though not essential.
Ideally, you will have a full UK Driving Licence with no more than 3 points.
When can I apply for a Graduate Job at National Express
The application dates for National Express Graduate Jobs can vary depending on the specific role for which you are applying.
Candidates interested in National Express Graduate Jobs should refer to the company’s website for details of specific roles currently available.